• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [THEME] CityScapeS3 Morph

Team innov8 presents: CityScapeS3
This theme was created by the joint effort of me (@imaconeheadXD) and @boomvausstat. This is for use with TouchWiz based ROMs that support Morphology. If you like it please rate our thread 5 stars and click the "Thanks" button. :D
What does this theme include?
This theme is black and white based and small elements that incorporate parts of the city. It themes:
  • SystemUI.apk (statusbar icons, pulldown, etc.)
  • lidroid-res.apk (toggles)
  • framework-res.apk (framework backgrounds, scrubbers, etc.)
  • Inverted MMS (Choose message bubble style 4)
  • Input and SMS Notification Icons
  • Slightly themed stock music player
  • Themed Dialer
  • Transparent Menus/Popups
  • More I may be forgetting...
Screenshots
jP1mmv3gtGslrxB8
8zWAyBi4KKDa0C2a
jVnwhhDBOWM7kf4j
FSJ3lRZVtuWkXQl7
HUGlFTfR1BuNpLRf
iYKyz0r4QjN4Cpyz
DmevSXZHx7h20Y7l
g7s9wgSe4sNRTvrg
Boot Animation Preview
Changelog
  • 5/27/13 - Initial Release
  • 5/30/13 -
    • Updated some images to be clearer
    • Moved 1x, 3G, and 4G slightly lower
    • Recolored some images to blend better with theme
    • Darkened framework background to make text easier to read
    • Transparent Framework Menus Incorporated! :)
    • Think that's it...
A Special Thanks To:
  • Rompnit, Naddict, and all other members of Team n00bz - For getting me started with Morphology and any help along the way
  • calebsb - For his "Probers Theme" of which we looked at to find all these damn image names and locations and for the boot animation!
  • kennyglass123 - For being an awesome mod!
  • ALL OF YOU - For the inspiration to make this theme and for supporting us n00bz!

We are currently still looking into sharpening some of our images and adding wallpapers to the theme, so look for updates! Any suggestions are welcome! ENJOY!
Figured I'd make the other carrier threads too since it'll work with all of them :p

Keep getting system ui force close
Hmm that's odd :eek: First report of that, what ROM are you running? And here for now, try flashing this: https://files.secureserver.net/0s4Ou0kvUq2g6r

If you're running ROM #2 then I don't believe LDrifta included the lidroid toggle mod that most other roms have, this is probably what's causing your issue. Try flashing the above file then flash the theme again and please report back if it works!

Upvote 0
Hmm that's odd :eek: First report of that, what ROM are you running? And here for now, try flashing this: https://files.secureserver.net/0s4Ou0kvUq2g6r

If you're running ROM #2 then I don't believe LDrifta included the lidroid toggle mod that most other roms have, this is probably what's causing your issue. Try flashing the above file then flash the theme again and please report back if it works!

Problem most likely is that we dont have a rom for our phones with lidroid properly built in. We have been using the files from a Verizon rom in order to get morphology to work. This works in some cases but not all it seems.

Upvote 0
Problem most likely is that we dont have a rom for our phones with lidroid properly built in. We have been using the files from a Verizon rom in order to get morphology to work. This works in some cases but not all it seems.
Is one of those files tw_status_bar.xml in /system/app/SystemUI.apk/res/layout?
I believe all that is needed for lidroid is the lidroid.apk and quicksettingstoggle.apk

Upvote 0
Its the prep package...it has systemui lidroid and quicksettings I believe. Weve been using the one for Verizon carrier.

Oh haha I actually helped make that with rompnit! :p yeah either that or sprint variant Morphology prep package should work, the lidroid zip I provided earlier should also work at least with the theme. And thanks :)

Edit: Well I'll be damned, you guys have been using my prep package the whole time! Wadayano xP

Upvote 0
Oh haha I actually helped make that with rompnit! :p yeah either that or sprint variant Morphology prep package should work, the lidroid zip I provided earlier should also work at least with the theme. And thanks :)

Edit: Well I'll be damned, you guys have been using my prep package the whole time! Wadayano xP

Would you be able\interested in modifying the systemui from our phone's latest build to include the lidroid modifications? Might make morphing more stable for us and would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: n4zty
Upvote 0
Would you be able\interested in modifying the systemui from our phone's latest build to include the lidroid modifications? Might make morphing more stable for us and would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I guess, I'm going on a little 2 day vacation though so I won't have access to a computer, if you could just post a deodexed stock SystemUI.apk I'll take a look when I get back

Upvote 0
Ok guys just an update, I've had a little trouble decompiling and recompiling the SystemUI.apk correctly so I'm just trying to fix that, after that I already made the edited files that you should be able to copy and paste into a decompiled SystemUI.apk and it should be good, if somebody is able to decompile correctly please PM me a link to the folder apk. Sorry about the delay!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones