• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] ota rootkeeper and bootloop into recovery

3finger

So I used ota rootkeeper, clicked on the disable root to save button, and ota updated thinking i was gonna get to 12b to be able to use the xperion rom. what i got was bootloop into recovery. i tried flashing the deodexed dump rom to maybe just get my device running again, no luck. going to try KDZ to see if that works. unless there are any other suggestions..

so, the kdz method didnt work. rebooted back into pressy's recovery, bootlooped, took the battery out and did a hard factory reset. still bootlooping into recovery. now im at a loss.

edit: tried the lg mobile support tool. battery too low to update, wont charge while powered off, factory reset again, turned right back on into recovery, tried to restart recovery and i get
'root access is missing. root device
THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE
-no
-yes - root device (system/xbin/... '
clicking either yes or no both restarts into recovery.

after 5 hours and quite a few pots of coffee, figured out i wasnt right-clicking and running kdz as administrator... the devil is in the details i guess.. but xperion rom is some bad-assery :congrats: kudos Gt, cant wait to see what else the future holds for this device

btw, apollo doesnt work, wont play any of the music on my card.. not sure if its just me..

after 5 hours and quite a few pots of coffee, figured out i wasnt right-clicking and running kdz as administrator... the devil is in the details i guess.. but xperion rom is some bad-assery :congrats: kudos Gt, cant wait to see what else the future holds for this device

btw, apollo doesnt work, wont play any of the music on my card.. not sure if its just me..

Apollo works fine for me, but you and couple other people report having issue with it. Install another music player from the play store. People always recommend MixZing to me, seems pretty good.

Edit:
You can also try and go to manage apps, select apollo, and clear data for apollo and see if it works for you then.

Back
Top Bottom