• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Help with WiFi tether please!

Folobules

Nov 22, 2013
Okay guys so I did the guide did every single option they gave am still nothing. When I set up the WiFi tether it comes out hidden on my ps3 screen. So the ssid is not there but the signal is 100% has anyone ran into this problem and have a solution? Really need help since ps3 not reading discs so only way to play is downloaded games and this would help. I'm using metro pcs by the way. hope you all can help : )

It is invisible. I type it in and it takes ages to connect the ip address and fails. So I tried on my computer and I get the" Metro Hotspot" page. it just won't work. I had the LG connect and when it works it starts up and the upload and download meters move up to something around 0.3 both and that's how I know it works, but on the F3 it stays at zero. I'm thinking the Metro page is blocking the access for the ps3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones