• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Okay has anyone tried this? My last hope

Folobules

Okay so I've pretty much done everything I can to try to tether internet to my ps4 without being blocked my metro. Was able to connect the WiFi Tether but when I set it up I get the metro hotspot page on the systems browser. Next I tried using pda net on the computer works perfectly so I thought hey why not bridge the connections and connect the ps4 with the Ethernet cable. I do so boom metro block but not on the computer. Lastly, I tried WiFi Tether on the computer and I get the hotspot metro page when I browse but I can download movies in no time but can't browse the web. I'm at the end of ny rope almost going crazy lol jk seriously though has anyone gotten the WiFi Tether to work on the ps4 without any issue or tried bridging the connection?

From what I've heard, Metro has now joined the ranks of carriers that block tethering unless you pay for it. Since it's done at their end, there's nothing you can do at your end to stop it. If the packet wasn't generated by a cellphone, it's "dropped on the floor".

Dammit it's so teasing cause one day I had the bridge working and it was fine till it started giving me the unidentified network message and now that it's somewhat fixed still no good. Just hope they make the hotspot tether unlimited. Paying an extra 10 dollars for 5 gigs isn't anything. I go through 20-30+ in a month

Back
Top Bottom