• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] [Rom][Stock]MS659 & P659 Stock Roms 4.1.2

I tested out the deodexed roms again just to be sure there were made correctly and they do boot correctly, but they take a really long time cause their deodexed. I made my rom from the deodexed metro rom, but it keeps bootlooping really badly. I was hoping you could help me out since I don't know what I did wrong.

I just removed some apps, you know debloated it. Then I changed the app icons for about 8 apps and added 3 cyanogen apps. I basically just messed around with the apps and didn't do anything else.

Our stock is very picky. You'll most likely will need to test each time you make a modification. You'll need to figure it out on your own. Just take baby steps and test allot.

Alright I'll do it one step at a time. First I'll debloat, then I'll add apps. I just didn't know it was that picky.

I could only imagine how tedious that was for you. And if you don't mind me asking, hows the cm10 and cm11 coming along, I heard you're working with phenomx4 so that just is great.

As of now there is no cm11 rom. Its another kk rom he's working on. There's a few bugs. One being a huge battery drain. The second being the camera not working correctly. It will be for virgin mobile. I still need to talk to him about getting one for you guys as well.

Cm10 is a side project of mine. Its coming along. Im hoping to have something up and going in the next few days

Btw, he's doing all of the work. After seeing what he has done so far, i can honestly say i would of never been able to get anything above 4.1.2 to boot.

OK thanks for clearing that up. The kitkat rom I'm pretty sure will come along pretty nicely as there's only bugs and phenomx4 is awesome. I can help anyway I can with CM10 if you want.

Hey I have a Metro PCS F3 software version MS65910b. Will this work for my phone? It's rooted but I installed two OTA updates thinking it would bring me to MS65910c. I use CWM so I have no problem installing a ROM, just not sure if this one is compatible. Thanks!

The OTA updates must have taken out CWM because I now see the stock recovery... I'll have to figure that out first before I install this ROM. Thanks though.

Not sure, I think before (late 2012 or so) I had just installed a stock ROM and disabled the notifications. Somehow they came back and I installed them like a moron. The phone works, but I had used someone's script on this forum that deleted apps I would have rather kept, so I want to install OP's ROM and start anew.

The phone is showing Android 4.1.2, kernel 3.4.0, build JZO54K, software MS65910b. It's actually downloading another 111.8 MB update as I type this. Not sure how with the extremely low storage and all.

I'll figure it out later.

Back