• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] [Rom][Stock]MS659 & P659 Stock Roms 4.1.2

The metro-pcs deodexed rom is also working great. Both roms are stock and have the correct kernel this time :rolleyes: But jokes aside, we have bases for both odex and deodex stock custom roms now. Great job for making these base roms :D Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to restore back to Xperion. Also just wanted to say that litestep is very slow today.

Edit: Btw that was the fastest test I have probably ever done for TWO roms! Well to be fair they are just stock.

Upvote 0
I think someone tried that and it did boot, but there was very bad connection and many other errors. Not very stable. I think you should make a cm10 thread on this sub forum and make the rom you currently have built for the vm thread just with this kernel and then we'll see what happens. But if it seems like too much work to manage two roms, I respect your decision.

Upvote 0
Permission to ask sir's...
can i ask how to install cwm on my ms 659?
and i have one more problem, my ms 659 got stuck on lg logo and metropcs logo, then restart and stuck again.
can anyone of you gentlemen help me what to do?
any help will do. thanx in advance.

Are you looking to install cwm on your phone because it's not booting?
Have you tried to do a factory reset? With the phone turned off, hold Volume Down & Power button until the screen tells you to release the buttons.

Upvote 0
I don't know what might have happened as this rom did boot for me and worked when I tested both of them out. There may be a problem now and I could have just gotten REALLY lucky with getting them to boot and not bootloop. I used this as a base for a rom and brotherswing said it bootlooped for him when he tested it out. I triple checked everything I did and I guarantee I did not mess anything up. Let me install CWM so I can restore back in case of any problems and then test it out the deodexed rom just to be sure its not its problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones