• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MetroPCS - Tether doesn't work on Firefox and Opera. Only I.E.

UnknownAlly

I'm used PDANet to USB-internet-tether my Optimus M.
I even purchased Easytether Pro.

The connection only works with Internet Explorer.
On Firefox, it loads up the lil icon next to the url, but the pages are blank and don't load up.
On Opera, it gives me a connection error.
Internet Explorer works fine but it freezes a lot because I'm running an Emachines that is meant for Vista. I have Win 7.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

All work, just takes patience and messing about if stuck. I am able to get easytether working and my PS3 on it. If it doesn't run properly for you, it's a firewall issue.

Hmm.. As I was posting this I had a switch from 1x to 3g in NYC. Win!

I'm located in the central valley, California and I always have 3G. I guess I'm lucky :D

Thanks I'm going to try and turn off the firewall.
Will report in...

I closed down my Avast and it started working fine, but 1 web page later I got another connection error.

It only happens with the LG, doesn't happen with my iPhone or G2 on Tmobile.

No lol keep your AV running. Under windows firewall > advanced remove the check off local area connection that represents easytether.

Bump...
If your getting the message that your tos doesn't allow tethering, you can download ultrasurf, and use the proxy settings to access the internet through your metro phone. Just thought I would put that out there.

You can also install add-ons to Firefox and IE to change the user agent string in the browser to match the one on the phone. This will allow tethering to work.
In the past this wasn't necessary, but Metro has been blocking by user agent for a while now, probably since the deployment of 4G where much more bandwith would be used by tethering. The TOS now specifically mentions tethering where previously it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom