• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Updated QuickRemote

jokerpks

Android Enthusiast
As we all know the quick remote on our phone only supports 10 TV brands. I found a flashable zip with an updated version of the app from LG G2 allthough I cannot get it to work. I am pretty sure the AC remote, etc won't work but if we can somehow merge the two apps or possibly import the codes from the the G2 app we can add more TV brands to quickremote. Here is the app if someone could get it to work. And no 3rd party remote apps will work because LG locked down access to ir blaster.

Listing of accessories

As we all know the quick remote on our phone only supports 15 TV brands. I found a flashable zip with an updated version of the app from LG G2 allthough I cannot get it to work. I am pretty sure the AC remote, etc won't work but if we can somehow merge the two apps or possibly import the codes from the the G2 app we can add more TV brands to quickremote. Here is the app if someone could get it to work. And no 3rd party remote apps will work because LG locked down access to ir blaster.

Listing of accessories

I notice that too, my G2 has like every brand and LG only a few

I selected LG brand (just to see if it would work), and it worked on my Haier dual monitor setup

Obviously LG is one of the brands that work the point of those thread is to find a way to support other brands not on that list.

Obviously Haier is not an LG product but works under the LG setting.

I understand your point, but I see you have failed to understand my point.

The most important thing about G2 remote is its learning capabilities. You can easily create your own remote for anything. F6 remote cannot do it.

I own both G2 and F6. It would be so awesome if someone could port G2 remote software to F6! I am pretty sure both phones use the same hardware for IR.

I'm surprised there's no way by now. It's nice how LG limited our remote just because we don't want to spend hundreds on the g2

wouldnt it be as easy as just finding the apk and installing it or am i missing something here?also are we sure that the g2 remote would even be compatiable with the f6?

Back
Top Bottom