• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mic muted with headphones inserted

touringhaggis

Android Enthusiast
Hi All,

First of all, I don't know if this qualifies as a support thread since I already sort of know the answer. So I will apollogise in advance. Let me explain:

I listen to music a lot, so I have my quality Sony earbuds in most of the time. When the phone rings I answer it with my headphones still in place and simply hover the phone in front of me (on my lap if I am sitting). This worked for my N900, but does not work with my Note. In all cases the other party does not hear me. With Skype the room can hear the other party as half a speakerphone is active and with cell I get the sound through the headphones.

I know that this is an issue with Samsung phones muting the microphone when headphones, rather than a headset, are inserted (Google told me that much, although the posts were all about a year ago). Has anyone found out a way around this issue?

Now, I don't want to buy a headset (or use the one in the box) because I love my own earbuds, but an adapter could be an option. Problem is that there seems to be two different pinouts for the 3.5mm jack. Is anyone using such an adapter with their Note and if so could you tell me the model/manufacturer name?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Regards,
Eric.

Allow me to answer part of my own question (since I just decided to throw caution to the wind and buy something). If you are looking for a headset adapter that works with the Note, then the HS U350 from HTC works just great (even though I get the vague feeling that the sound is a little quieter than it used to be).

Hope this helps someone...

Regards,
Eric.

Back
Top Bottom