• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micromax A60 (ZTE Penguin) 2 Questions (Edge/freezes)

Hello everybody,

I recently bought a Micromax A60 "My first Android" Smartphone. It's obviously a rebranded ZTE Penguins and should have the same specifications that are to be found here: Micromax Andro A60 specifications - Know Your Mobile India
(couldn't find further information)

I'm still not sure about this phone. Its very handy, cheap and to my feeling quite fast, but on the other hand I have a serious problem which I would love to solve before writing a review.

Problem: The phone randomly freezes sometimes. It doesn't make a difference if Wlan/Bluetooth or any data connection is switched on. It's only happening in idle e.g. stand by mode so I cannot say much about the behaviour. I only know, that if i want to unlock the phone then nothing happens and I have to remove the battery and restart the System.

Are there some known general issues with Android 2.1? Is there another way to read the logfiles than Android System Info, because they show just the last few hours in my case.

I'm happy for any kind of help.

Second Problem is minor. My connection via vodafone India works fine for the browser. But no application nor the market is recognizing it. I guess that may be a problem with APN settings despite they are configured as per vodafone instructions.

greetings heidelfuchs.

hey!! i have the same first problem.! when its on standby for long time.! it shutsdown.! No ways but to remove the battery and restart the phone.! :(

But the second one..!like you need try multiple times.! it hapend same for me.! :) but got fixed.! :) on trying it multiple time.!

I am facing the same problem.
Nothing helps but removing the battery and restarting the phone after placing it back.

I love the phone (more because of the OS) and I am impressed with it .... especially for the price.

I will have a word with the folks at Micromax and update you guys.
In case you too want to have a word, following are the details:
CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER: 18605008286// 0124-4811000

I'm about to buy this mobile. I'm waiting for this mobile. Here at chennai they haven't distributed it yet. Anyheidelfuchs & heidelfuchs please which mobile do u both suggest?
Micromax A60 or Samsung Galaxy 5 ?

@rohan.sankhe please let me know if you found out anything about the freezing issue. I'm not able to go to a service store soon and i am just not able to find out what causes the problem. The logs get deleted everytime the phone is restarted...

Micromax has lesser talktime than Galaxy.
But micromax is cheaper than Galaxy and has 3.2 MP camera.
Can anyone tell anything about this ?

Hi all,

I want to purchase this phone, am very confused, as most of the reviews found are giving a neutral view, as there are a lot of ppl saying it is a gr8 value for money phone, however seeing the issues am kind of not decisive please suggest...
@ dinesh... i am also not able to get the phone in Chennai... if you get to know the availablilty please do mail me at crharesh@aol.com.
Thanks
Haresh

got the phone replaced. Since then no freezes anymore. Might have been a hardware defunction. EDGE still doesn't work for applications even if I try like a hundred times.

HEY BUY MICROMAX A60 it's awwesome when compared to other phones of this range. galaxy has 3.2 mp but that doesnt have autofocus. micromax is an indian company established by IITIANS so you get that cheaper then samsung as that is produced in another country.

Hey,

I have bought 1st and now 2nd both r working perfect. I am using wifi and bt no problem. Nice Phone "Paisa Wasul"

Every body should buy.

HEY BUY MICROMAX A60 it's awwesome when compared to other phones of this range. galaxy has 3.2 mp but that doesnt have autofocus. micromax is an indian company established by IITIANS so you get that cheaper then samsung as that is produced in another country.

who told u that it is an indian company....its incorrect

Back
Top Bottom