• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MikG 3.1 GUI bug - Semi-transparent Notification

boofer

just a heads up (it might have been covered)...i was tooling around with the different tweaks in MikG 3.1, and when i checked semi-transparent notification bar, it ended up permanently placing a white line at the top of the screen. i have toggled everything back and forth and rebooted multiple times, but to no avail. it looks like it's whatever color i have set for not charging, charging, etc. (so if i'm charging, the line turns green).

i restored a nandroid backup and it fixed it. anyone else encounter this?

EDIT - Picture here: http://i.imgur.com/ViuSB.png

just a heads up (it might have been covered)...i was tooling around with the different tweaks in MikG 3.1, and when i checked semi-transparent notification bar, it ended up permanently placing a white line at the top of the screen. i have toggled everything back and forth and rebooted multiple times, but to no avail. it looks like it's whatever color i have set for not charging, charging, etc. (so if i'm charging, the line turns green).

i restored a nandroid backup and it fixed it. anyone else encounter this?

If no one has welcomed you yet, well....Welcome to the forums!!!! :D

Did you happen to enable the MIUI battery bar mod?

I think it's called that...:p

That sounds like the battery bar MOD thats in the newer MikG's.

If you let your battery drain out does it get shorter?

If no one has welcomed you yet, well....Welcome to the forums!!!! :D

Did you happen to enable the MIUI battery bar mod?

I think it's called that...:p

That sounds like the battery bar MOD thats in the newer MikG's.

If you let your battery drain out does it get shorter?

ohhhhhhh. really? i see. yeah, i don't want that there. i already restored a previous nandroid and didn't touch anything else in the tweaks, so i guess i'm good. thank you for the info!! this site rules, and it has breathed new life into my EVO and my enthusiasm for it.

ohhhhhhh. really? i see. yeah, i don't want that there. i already restored a previous nandroid and didn't touch anything else in the tweaks, so i guess i'm good. thank you for the info!! this site rules, and it has breathed new life into my EVO and my enthusiasm for it.

No problem. :)

I checked out your image, that is the battery bar mod. You can make it wider and thinner. Choose more pixels and it'll get wider. ;) Or if you don't want it, deactivate the mod.

I agree this is the best android community out there, and the EVO can be a great phone, once unlocked!!! :p

No problem. :)

I checked out your image, that is the battery bar mod. You can make it wider and thinner. Choose more pixels and it'll get wider. ;) Or if you don't want it, deactivate the mod.

I agree this is the best android community out there, and the EVO can be a great phone, once unlocked!!! :p

i might have found another bug related to the notification bar.

i was using PDANet for most of today, and three times, when still connected to my computer, if i swiped the notification bar down, the PDANet entry would just disappear and i would lose my connection. if i then launched the app, it would say that "PDANet is running" but the only fix to get connectivity back would be to stop and start it again.

has this been reproduced by anyone?

i might have found another bug related to the notification bar.

i was using PDANet for most of today, and three times, when still connected to my computer, if i swiped the notification bar down, the PDANet entry would just disappear and i would lose my connection. if i then launched the app, it would say that "PDANet is running" but the only fix to get connectivity back would be to stop and start it again.

has this been reproduced by anyone?

You don't need pda net just use the WiFi hotspot or plug in you phone download the divers and use the usb tether option in the settings

You don't need pda net just use the WiFi hotspot or plug in you phone download the divers and use the usb tether option in the settings

when i'm using my tablet, i obviously use wifi, but when i'm using a laptop, i tether via USB because i get better speeds.

when i'm using my tablet, i obviously use wifi, but when i'm using a laptop, i tether via USB because i get better speeds.
Yes, but there is native tethering included with the ROM - you shouldn't need a third party app. I think that's the point alexandroid was trying to make. I've used it and it works fine for me.

Yes, but there is native tethering included with the ROM - you shouldn't need a third party app. I think that's the point alexandroid was trying to make. I've used it and it works fine for me.

Yea I think we are talking about the same thing. When you plug your phone in to the computer pick the option usb tether instead of charge only or usb storage

Back
Top Bottom