• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Milestone 3G 850/1900 question

First of all hello everyone, I joined this board after looking for awhile, it seems to be one of the good spots if you are Droid/Milestone owner.

Anyways enough useless talk, I wanted to find out if anyone has some locations where I could buy Milestone with 3G band of 850 so it could be used in US on the AT&T network. And additionally if there is any differences between the versions of lets say European/Americas phone.
Please list all restrictions, missing features etc.

Can the european version of milestone band frequency be changed when rooted or this is more of hardware setting on the radio? I ask this because I know some phones are intentionally frequency locked by software by whatever reason and infact could support more bands.

Thank you all in advance!

frequency is a hardware thing and can't be changed using a software or rooting.

the 'lock' you are referring to is for the gsm bands( used for regular phone useage)...it can be 'unlocked' because most phones nowadays is quadband (which means it is supported worldwide).

i know the milestone with those bands you are referring to will be out in canada shortly with Telus.

The best is to look for the specifications clearly indicating the 850Mhz 3G in the advertisement.
I know there is a diference between the models numbers...my Milestone with 850Mhz/3G is A853, purchased unlocked in Brazil.
I know 900/1900/2100 has another model number.

Hi

I am using Milestone with AT & T but using 2 G for data.

I bought it from amazon unlocked. I am not sure when Milestone version for 3G band for AT & T will be relesed.

It is awesome phone. If you are gig then you will love it.

San

Hey, is there any way to check an Android phone's 3G bandwidth from the software? I have a phone that does not list the 3G bandwidth on the box or from the seller.

Thanks

I am sorry other question.
I just bought French milestone XT720.
2G and 3G could be used in US?
if so, please advice how to set up.
I'm using at&t.

Thank you
motokara

I am sorry other question.
I just bought French milestone XT720.
2G and 3G could be used in US?
if so, please advice how to set up.
I'm using at&t.

Thank you
motokara

You might get better luck with people responding to your question if you created your own post... just an idea

Back
Top Bottom