• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Milestone Android 2.3?

Hi All,

I have a Motorola Milestone on Telus and I am very new to rooting and installing roms. I was wondering if someone could help me get Gingerbread on the device or help me get the Gingerbread Status Bar.

Instructions and a link to a rom would be great.

All help is appreciated!

- Ashar

I'm having the same issue... Finding a guide that I can follow for a first time rooter has proven difficult. They all are either horribly translated or require previous knowledge of the process. I am by no means incompetent, being and Electronic Engineer you think I would be able to follow the process, but the guides that I have found so far are all over the place. They seem to refer to files and objects in multiple ways, instead of calling it by its file name and allowing the beginner to follow along...

Anyway, here's what I would like to accomplish:

What I have:
- Motorola Milestone on the Telus network (Canada)
- Android 2.2.1 installed via Motorola update tool (Unstable and very buggy, not rooted)
- Nothing else done to the phone other than the Motorola update.

What I want:
- Android 2.3.3, or just about any other version aside from 2.2.1, makes me feel like I am using a toaster rather than a superphone.
- Rooted would be nice, but honestly not required at this point

If anyone could help me out here, or point me to a guide that I can follow without any previous knowledge or the ability to read gibberish, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom