• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Milestone - Problem connecting to internet via router.

Rudi_C

Lurker
Hello everybody

I hope someone can help me with some issues I've been having with my phone.

I have a Milestone with Firmware v2.1-update1 running, I've never updated the the OS and everything is basically standard.

The problem I've been having is I can connect to my home wifi router, but I can't browse or do anything on the web. My wife also has an Android (HTC) phone, and she can use our DSL on the wifi router for internet access. I use to be able to connect to the internet a while back when we had another router, but this one I can't connect to. I've connected to my friend's router and accessed the internet at his house, but not here. Tried to use static IP's and it seemed to work for a few minutes but thta's off now again.

I was thinking of re doing everything, router and reset my phone to factory settings and start over again, but I would first of all like to know if it's possible to backup my phones setting and apps before the time? I've exported the contacts but not the settings. I've backed up my router settings in case it's still not working.

I would like to show my friend that my Android phone is just as nice as his iPhone, but it's hard to do it without internet access.

Please help if you can, and thanks in advance.

:confused:

Back