• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Military whistleblower claims US has UFO retrieval program

Of course the US has a UFO retrieval program! UFO is an acronym, it means "unidentified flying object". Nothing to do with space aliens.

So not another Chinese spy balloon then.

Nope. We are not alone

Ufo Pentagon GIF

Last edited:
I have room to accept the existence of alien aircraft, I think most free thinkers do. My question is if they have proof, what is the motive for keeping it a secret? It's not like there would be panic in the streets. After all, if there has been decades of collections of fallen craft, our world has not been effected.

I have room to accept the existence of alien aircraft, I think most free thinkers do. My question is if they have proof, what is the motive for keeping it a secret? It's not like there would be panic in the streets. After all, if there has been decades of collections of fallen craft, our world has not been effected.

Don't forget the panic that George Orwell caused in 1938 with his broadcast of War of the Worlds. Granted, there's been over 80 years since. I'd almost believe that many folks would act like the ones dancing on the rooftops in Independence Day.
I do believe that the government has kept things secret, for so long, that it's them that are afraid of what would happen.

Don't forget the panic that George Orwell caused in 1938 with his broadcast of War of the Worlds. Granted, there's been over 80 years since. I'd almost believe that many folks would act like the ones dancing on the rooftops in Independence Day.
I do believe that the government has kept things secret, for so long, that it's them that are afraid of what would happen.

I remember reading something about the United Nations asking all members to not release any proof of alien life until it's been discussed, due the backlash that may occur.

Don't forget the panic that George Orwell caused in 1938 with his broadcast of War of the Worlds.
I think you mean Orson Welles. I suspect that Orwell's (very English) voice would have been a giveaway that they weren't really reporting on an invasion of New Jersey ;).

I personally find reports of alien spacecraft popping into our atmosphere, allowing themselves to be seen but never doing anything of significance rather implausible. Far more plausible that people realise that there is money to be made from pretending to have knowledge of such conspiracies (Erik von Daniken proved that in the 70s, and conspiracy cultists have only got dafter since).

I just watched the video (up to timestamp 2:02). This is absurd! There are no extraterrestrial spaceships in a government lab. Or rather: It's so profoundly unlikely, I'd have an easier time believing almost any other conspiracy theory. Why is the media taking this so-called "whistleblower" seriously?

What has he to gain by going public? A day of attention and a lifetime label of a lunatic if it's all BS. If there is no credence to his claims, he'll be lucky to land a night time job sacking groceries. He's put a lot on the line for some reason. Perhaps it's just static to distract the public from some other shenanigan that's going down. Who knows...

What has he to gain by going public? A day of attention and a lifetime label of a lunatic if it's all BS. If there is no credence to his claims, he'll be lucky to land a night time job sacking groceries.
I wish that were true. But there can be a living to be made out of stoking paranoia as well. Heck, "no longer a doctor" Andrew Wakefield, whose fake claims about MMR vaccines and autism verifiably killed children by scaring parents out of vaccination, and who was struck off the medical register in the UK for falsifying data for commercial gain, is currently making a lucrative living in the US from anti-vax and anti-government nutters by claiming to be a victim of establishment cover-ups. And that guy is an actual criminal, not merely a disgruntled nut. So maybe UFO conspiracy doesn't have the big bucks behind it that his scam has, but there are enough people who will pay for tales of government conspiracy that I suspect that he could make a decent living out of this for a number of years, especially if he segues into other more profitable forms of conspiracist stuff off the back of it.
He's put a lot on the line for some reason. Perhaps it's just static to distract the public from some other shenanigan that's going down. Who knows...
Indeed. He could be a nut, or it could be a distraction. He could be someone who has put 2 + 2 together and made 22 (as I understand it he doesn't claim to have seen any of this stuff himself, it's just claims of claims), or he could be someone who felt he was being passed-over and found that the idea that he was being excluded due to a conspiracy was a more comforting than the thought that people just didn't think he was right for a higher position. Could be one of many other things.

Otherwise rational people can come to irrational conclusions. Remember Blake Lemonie, the Google engineer who convinced himself that the Lamda large language model was sentient, despite knowing how those things work? Conspiracy theorists aren't necessarily stupid people, so I can see how someone with the right mindset, knowing that the military investigate these things, knowing that there are things he doesn't have access to, might find himself starting to go down a rabbit hole, give more credence to odd stories or rumours than he should, going all Fox Mulder in putting the pieces together. Not saying that's what's happened, I've no idea, just that I don't think that working in an organisation and having some knowledge of what they do necessarily makes this impossible (Lemonie would have known enough about LLMs to recognise what he was seeing and to never even entertain the idea that they might be sentient, but he fell for it nevertheless).

I guess that to me it comes down to this: if something capable of crossing interstellar distances wanted to observe us without us knowing then they could do so easily. If they wanted us to know they were there then a few inconsequential craft scooting around isn't the way to do it. If they were simply indifferent to us then it's equally hard to square that with UFO reports. Of course alien minds would likely be just that, alien, but the idea of little craft occasionally doing fly-bys just feels like the product of a 20th century human imagination rather than anything that makes sense for a species (or their machines) capable of interstellar travel (something which we do not even know how to do in principle).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom