• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mirror phone screen on PC when phone has no working screen/digitiser?

King Mustard

We have a Samsung Galaxy S8+.

The glass was cracked and, as we attempted to repair it, we damaged the screen/digitiser.

Is there a way to mirror the phone's display on a computer, when it's not possible to use the phone's screen?

I'm not sure if USB Debugging was on or off when the repair failed.

The glass was cracked and, as we attempted to repair it, we damaged the screen/digitiser.

Is there a way to mirror the phone's display on a computer, when it's not possible to use the phone's screen?

I

Maybe scrcpy or vysor might help

Given the damage was done when trying to replace the glass, what about trying the repair process again?
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S8+Plus+Screen+Replacement/97008
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S8+Plus+Display+Adhesive+Replacement/122831

If USB Debugging wasn't enabled, that does reduce the odds you can successfully get remote access to your device. Keep in mind solutions involving a third party app, if it isn't already installed and configured, will require you to install the app (which is readily done by just logging into your online Google account and installing said app using the Play Store site) and setting up and/or starting that app remotely (which could be very problematic when the display isn't functional). Also, were you using your S8 Plus's iris scanner, or the fingerprint reader, or a lock screen (pattern, passcode, password)?

Back
Top Bottom