• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing key files

poopookakada

Android Enthusiast
I'll cut straight to it...

My M8 was low on storage and suggested I delete files to create space (I have no SD card right now) I think I've deleted one of the more important stock folders as I can't view photos in the gallery app, can't listen to music in the stock app, I also can't view my documents with the preinstalled pdf viewer.

I've cleared the cache for each app individually and for the entire phone, neither of which did anything. When clearing the phone cache I did notice a distinct lack of android bootscreen and the screen with the red triangle and exclamation mark.

Currently running stock everything on this device - Android 5.0.1 and Sense 6.0

If anybody has the stock files and folders that I could add again that'd be great. Failing that, if someone can shed some light on how to fix this

When clearing the phone cache I did notice a distinct lack of android bootscreen and the screen with the red triangle and exclamation mark.
That's normal and correct if you cleared from recovery (holding volume down while powering on to begin).

For the media issue -

Settings, Apps, All, Media storage, clear data.

Hold volume up with power until power reset occurs.

Boot up phone, let it sit for about a half hour while the media database rebuilds.

Back
Top Bottom