• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI Bluetooth + Wireless N = Sad Panda

Raptor5150

Android Enthusiast
So im trying to use Bluetooth to pair my Ps3 controller so i can run some onlive games on my phone.. but it seems everytime i connect to my access point to run onlive.. (which is dedicated wireless n) it forces the wireless radio in the triumph to G only AP's any reason for this?? it will connect to my neghbors open G AP just fine but not to my secured N..

Bluetooth + wireless radio.. somthing is hiccuping.. this should be possible even since it will connect to a G AP.. shouldnt it??

any ideas?

There's a glitch in CM7 that doesn't allow both Wifi and Bluetooth to be on at the same time and since MIUI is based on CM7 it's also present there. Usually for me when I have both on I get random disconnects on both radios so if your only issue is that it connects at G instead of N then you're pretty lucky.

There's a glitch in CM7 that doesn't allow both Wifi and Bluetooth to be on at the same time and since MIUI is based on CM7 it's also present there. Usually for me when I have both on I get random disconnects on both radios so if your only issue is that it connects at G instead of N then you're pretty lucky.

man if thats true its gonna suck.. since my friend is getting me that onlive wireless controller for my birthday lol if i cant use bluetooth with it :(

but i guess there is always the wifi option with it..

man if thats true its gonna suck.. since my friend is getting me that onlive wireless controller for my birthday lol if i cant use bluetooth with it :(

but i guess there is always the wifi option with it..

You should be able to run wifi and bluetooth at the same time the bug just ramps your cpu up to 100% although Whyzor may have found a solution for that. Back on to your connecting to wifi issue... Have you tried restarting your router? As in unplugging it completely for 30 secs or so and letting it restart then try?

You should be able to run wifi and bluetooth at the same time the bug just ramps your cpu up to 100% although Whyzor may have found a solution for that. Back on to your connecting to wifi issue... Have you tried restarting your router? As in unplugging it completely for 30 secs or so and letting it restart then try?

oh thats not the problem lol as im running a modded wireless N router with tomato.. it seems that my phone only wants to connect to my neghibors AP even when i swapped mine back to G.. it still thinks its not in range even right next to it.. its really weird.. but of course i still cant connect to onlive with his internet being slow webpages and such work just fine..

its like a really weird bug..

i asked austrie about it..

Bluetooth on 1 AP i can connect to.
Bluetooth off i can connect to my AP just like normal :(

Seems i narrowed it down.. the sixaxis controller trying to pair with it turns off the wifi or somthing im trying it where i start up online before enabling the sixaxis driver.. and it seemed to work.. but then as soon as the Sixaxis driver starts up it knocks out the wifi.. BT and wifi work on their own and together just not with the driver for the controller.. thats a shame..

oh thats not the problem lol as im running a modded wireless N router with tomato.. it seems that my phone only wants to connect to my neghibors AP even when i swapped mine back to G.. it still thinks its not in range even right next to it.. its really weird.. but of course i still cant connect to onlive with his internet being slow webpages and such work just fine..

its like a really weird bug..

i asked austrie about it..

Bluetooth on 1 AP i can connect to.
Bluetooth off i can connect to my AP just like normal :(

its not fair.. all i wanted to do is game on my phone sigh.. since my laptop is being repaired..

Hmmm... that is strange. There might be another bug in the Miui coding somewhere then... And since its closed source it might be harder to find... You could always flash to cm7 and see if it works... Or even stock if you had to at least for the time being.

Hmmm... that is strange. There might be another bug in the Miui coding somewhere then... And since its closed source it might be harder to find... You could always flash to cm7 and see if it works... Or even stock if you had to at least for the time being.

see my updated post above yours :3

but yeah atleased it isnt a miui issue and i narrowed it down.. now if it doesnt work with my controller when i get it.. THEN we have a problem :P

see my updated post above yours :3

but yeah atleased it isnt a miui issue and i narrowed it down.. now if it doesnt work with my controller when i get it.. THEN we have a problem :P

So your using a Ps3 controller? Well since every other bluetooth controller works fine (I think... I've never used a controller on it so IDK...) the onlive controller should work fine... I kinda want one, but I don't want to spend $60 on a controller (or whatever the price is)... Well the only way to know is when you get the controller I guess.

Back
Top Bottom