• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI Launcher

lowlow5683

Anyone know where I can get a real miui launcher and the miui settings screens I love. CM7 BUT Also love miuis launcher trying to combine these two excellent roms

Anyone know where I can get a real miui launcher and the miui settings screens I love. CM7 BUT Also love miuis launcher trying to combine these two excellent roms

I believe miui is closed source so the best your gonna get is a remake of miui launcher unless you actually run miui...... there is such a launcher but getting the setting to look that way is completely. Different story. Feel free to correct me please.

I believe miui is closed source so the best your gonna get is a remake of miui launcher unless you actually run miui...... there is such a launcher but getting the setting to look that way is completely. Different story. Feel free to correct me please.
Edit. The framework between the 2 are different as well so I believe you can't actually run anything from miui on cm7

you wont find a DECENT 4 icon dock launcher for cm7, the only one that is 4 icon is tencent/qq, and it crashes a lot. and ADW.miui, a fork of adw launcher. its ok but lags, and miui is known for its silky smooth scrolling. which this launcher does not have.

the other launchers are all 5 icon docks. ugly as hell. maybe more functional though.

as for the settings menu, thats custom code from the miui team. Xaomi i believe. lots of custom stuff and they want to keep that secret by keeping it closed source.

might as well just use miui if you really like the look, its not missing functionally that CM7 has.

I use miui, its faster, smoother, prettier than CM7. I have a few different launchers installed and switch between them within MIUI when I want a new look.

you wont find a DECENT 4 icon dock launcher for cm7, the only one that is 4 icon is tencent/qq, and it crashes a lot. and ADW.miui, a fork of adw launcher. its ok but lags, and miui is known for its silky smooth scrolling. which this launcher does not have.

the other launchers are all 5 icon docks. ugly as hell. maybe more functional though.

as for the settings menu, thats custom code from the miui team. Xaomi i believe. lots of custom stuff and they want to keep that secret by keeping it closed source.

might as well just use miui if you really like the look, its not missing functionally that CM7 has.

I use miui, its faster, smoother, prettier than CM7. I have a few different launchers installed and switch between them within MIUI when I want a new look.
The only downfall I have with miui is when I'm at work I always loose reception and then I have to switch to CM7 and I can't figure that out same place two differnt roms but only CM7 WORKS its werid I know but when I leave work miui works fine

ADW launcher lets you have any number on your dock from 3-7 and it works well.

The only downfall I have with miui is when I'm at work I always loose reception and then I have to switch to CM7 and I can't figure that out same place two differnt roms but only CM7 WORKS its werid I know but when I leave work miui works fine

Why is everyone saying that they have poor reception with Miui not that I disbelieve you, but from rom to rom there isn't anything in its coding that should have an effect on the radio one way or another...

you know.. the way the phone tells you how much signal it can find varies from rom to rom.

one rom might have 80% signal strength, but since the icon on top only has 4 bars, it will round it to 3 bars of signal.

and on another rom, 80% signal strength with a 6 bar icon will look totally different.

do NOT rely on the icon on the status bar. There are times where miui will tell me my signal is much lower than cm7 does, but its actually the SAME.

its a placebo effect from seeing the different icons, dont let it fool you.

I actually have a MIUI launcher that someone ripped out of an older version and hacked at to make it work on any rom. Lemme see if I can find it for ya.

That would be freaking sweet!!!!!

Found it MIUI Launcher 2.1 - Minus

Turns out I was wrong though it appears to be just a themed QQ launcher however it's very odd

It works and it's even themeable like full MIUI. It seems that MIUI's theme engine is built right in(or something just like it). Note that I have not tested it fully and it seems to lack many online themes but I did download one and it did work. I have yet to verify if sideloaded themes work though

Found it MIUI Launcher 2.1 - Minus

Turns out I was wrong though it appears to be just a themed QQ launcher however it's very odd

It works and it's even themeable like full MIUI. It seems that MIUI's theme engine is built right in(or something just like it). Note that I have not tested it fully and it seems to lack many online themes but I did download one and it did work. I have yet to verify if sideloaded themes work though

QQ launcher tends to crash randomly and occasionally doesnt load so you have a blank black screen every time you unlock. very frustrating.

as much as I hate to admit it, the only "good" 4 icon dock in android exists within the MIUI roms. its really the main reason I'm using it.

even ADW.MIUI launcher is laggy and not as smooth scrolling as real miui

QQ launcher tends to crash randomly and occasionally doesnt load so you have a blank black screen every time you unlock. very frustrating.

as much as I hate to admit it, the only "good" 4 icon dock in android exists within the MIUI roms. its really the main reason I'm using it.

even ADW.MIUI launcher is laggy and not as smooth scrolling as real miui

I've never had this version crash on me. I used it for a while on CM7 waiting for MIUI and never had any real problems at all

Back
Top Bottom