• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMMultiple MMMessages..

dkn2k

Lurker
I have a Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen) in the UK with android 5.1.1. I have a strange problem- started yesterday 'out of the blue', whilst SMS messages are sent only once, they are being received (and my account debited) twice.
I am using GiffGaff Goody Bags, and have credit remaining.

Has anyone else experienced this? and more importantly, found a fix?

Just a thought, but do you have delivery notification on? Probably not, as it doesn't sound exactly like what you are describing, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Many UK networks charge for delivery notification, though typically at a lower rate than their out of bundle SMS charges. I don't know GiffGaff's charges, but it's worth checking.

I was thinking of phoning them to ask, if it might be a problem with your specific account.

Many UK networks charge for delivery notification, though typically at a lower rate than their out of bundle SMS charges. I don't know GiffGaff's charges, but it's worth checking.

I was thinking of phoning them to ask, if it might be a problem with your specific account.

No, they don't charge for this. I'm actually getting 2 x on-screen confirmations that each message has been sent. I've changed nothing in settings, so this appears to have just 'happened'. Thanks.

These messages are your delivery reports? Or does your message app confirm sending separately from delivery?

What message app are you using, and what happens if you use a different one?

Theses are messages from GiffGaff to confirm that the message was sent and that 'my balance remaining is now "x" texts'. Upon closing this message I notice that the SMS message is still 'sending, rather than 'sent' and then it changes status to sent, at which time I get another on-screen message from GiffGaff advising that my balance has been further decremented by one text..

Back
Top Bottom