• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS borked

This is not my first issue with MMS on this phone. I'm rooted and running Victorious. I don't like the stock messaging app so I use 8sms.

In the past, I couldn't get MMS to work unless I told 8sms to use Sprint's APN instead of VM's. That's another reason I didn't use the stock messaging app. A couple weeks ago something changed and now with Sprint's APN all I can do is send MMS, not receive. I still can't do either with VM APN.

If I restore the stock rom, I can send and receive just fine using VM APN. The only difference I've noticed in how they're set up is if I do a ##DATA# on Victorious under Others the MMSC URL, proxy, and port are not set. It won't allow me to set it after putting in my MSL either. It just stays blank. On stock, those are set to VM APN.

I think I need someone smarter than me. I'd prefer to not have to install a fresh ROM again. Please help! :'(

If I'm reading you right, everything is okay with the stock ROM but your problems are with Victorious. Contact the Victorious dev and ask if he can set up the APN the same way VM has it set. Or continue to use the stock ROM.

Back
Top Bottom