• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS is not working; SMS is OK.

Fred39

Lurker
I am having a group messaging problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4. I am able to send single SMS messages but as soon as I add a second person, the MMS just sits on the screen saying "SENDING".. And won't go even after hours of writing. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use Mobile Data ON or OFF.
I follow my data usage closely as I have a limited data plan and for the past few weeks there has been no data moving over the phone line and only a few mb's through wifi. In particular, my Google calendar has stopped syncing with my Google online calendar..
So it appears that for some weird reason, my phone has stopped sending or receiving data in most forms but I am still able to download items from Google Play. And one app that is a reminder list (to-do lists, etc) still syncs with it's online site. So it is able to send and receive data. ??
I have spent a couple of hours during the past few days with the support people at Consumer Cellular and have changed/edited/reviewed virtually every available setting re: MMS and APN's, etc. to no avail. This group messaging problem occurred approximately 8 months ago and at that time the support person at Consumer Cell was able to fix it in about 20 minutes.
Yesterday I uninstalled the Google Calendar and re-installed it. It still will not SYNC with the online calendar. I installed the Microsoft CAL and it SYNCed right up with the online calendar, so I'm not sure what the problem is with the Google app.
Any ideas out there??
Is this phone ready for the scrap pile?

Back
Top Bottom