• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MMS Not Working Properly?(cm7 b.8/oc kernel)

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
I think there is something wrong with my mms maybe, I only noticed this today but it might have been going on for a while since I rarely use mms. What is weird is that if I send someone a picture they get it, but if I send them a very long text message it seems like they don't. Any ideas why?

Using the current version of cm7 and the oc kernel.

What app are you using for mms? stock? If it is a third part app it might be something in the settings for that.

also, this may sound corny... but do a battery pull. that will reset the phone radios and might fix the mms problem

I had a problem receiving and sending MMS when I flashed to CM7 for the first time.
So because of that I ended up switching to MIUI since the mms wasn't working for me.

I ended up not liking MIUI for some reason, it reminds me to much of the iphone lol.
So I came back to CM7, this time before I flashed to it I formatted the system and wiped the cache. then flashed to it. For some strange reason now my MMS is working again but on CM7. Before though when I first tried it wasn't working. Only after the format I was able to receive and send mms again on cm7

I had a problem receiving and sending MMS when I flashed to CM7 for the first time.
So because of that I ended up switching to MIUI since the mms wasn't working for me.

I ended up not liking MIUI for some reason, it reminds me to much of the iphone lol.
So I came back to CM7, this time before I flashed to it I formatted the system and wiped the cache. then flashed to it. For some strange reason now my MMS is working again but on CM7. Before though when I first tried it wasn't working. Only after the format I was able to receive and send mms again on cm7

I always wipe data and system before going from one ROM to another(i.e. going from a stock based ROM to CM7 or CM7 to MIUI). If updating from CM7 0.7 to 0.8 lets say, it's not required to wipe data, but its always good to wipe system when doing a ROM install.

Actually as corny as it may or may not have been, pulling the battery seems to have worked! I tried sending long texts 4 or 5 times to no avail then pulled the battery and presto, it worked.

Very odd if you ask me.

Actually as corny as it may or may not have been, pulling the battery seems to have worked! I tried sending long texts 4 or 5 times to no avail then pulled the battery and presto, it worked.

Very odd if you ask me.

That is one of the fixalls you hear suggested about a lot of stuff. Kinda like turning your pc off and then on again. It just seems to clear little weird stuff. Maybe I should add it to my signature. Lol.
Glad you got it working and sharing what worked.

That is one of the fixalls you hear suggested about a lot of stuff. Kinda like turning your pc off and then on again. It just seems to clear little weird stuff. Maybe I should add it to my signature. Lol.
Glad you got it working and sharing what worked.

Have you ever seen "The IT crowd" TV show? The IT guy answers the phone with "have you tried turning it off and back on again?" lol.

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having this exact issue. Completely wiped the phone, sdcard, everything. Like completely. Reloaded it all and it still doesn't send multiple sms. It sends single SMS, and MMS. but if I do like 3 or 4 and hit send, says sent but the other phone never gets it. Any idea?

-Wright

Edit:
try going into settings in the messaging app and check the box for splitting messages over 160 characters.

Missed this, but it works like a charm. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom