• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS video filesize limit...

My friend and I exchange video messages frequently because we've decided it's way cooler than boring text!

Anyway, we both have the Moto Droid, and we have noticed that we cannot send a low quality video longer than ABOUT 45 seconds. Sometimes 44 is too much, sometimes 46 works. However, I don't think it's the duration that's the problem. I believe it is the filesize.

My OTHER friend has a different phone, and he sent me a video that was a full minute long.

I'm not sure what to conclude from all of this, but I believe there IS a way to attach videos longer than about 45 seconds to an MMS, but I just haven't found out how yet.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I also apologize if this has been discussed. I didn't find anything by searching.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got a full one minute video from my friend and it was only 997 KB while the 45 second video I recorded was 1,184 KB. Clearly his software on his phone compresses the video more or something... I wonder if there is any app that can help me with this on the Droid...

There is no video compression type app I know of on the Android platform,

Do you think it's your network provider stopping the MMS going through or the phone? If it's the phone, may I suggest you try a different messaging type app such as handcent or chompsms to see if it makes any difference :)

There is no video compression type app I know of on the Android platform,

Do you think it's your network provider stopping the MMS going through or the phone? If it's the phone, may I suggest you try a different messaging type app such as handcent or chompsms to see if it makes any difference :)

Well, it's just that if it's beyond a certain size, it will tell me I cannot add it to the message.

Also, I've tried chompSMS before and it was even worse. Sometimes it would tell me it was too big no matter how small or short the video file was. It was very unreliable in that manner.

Hmmmmm... ah well...

You can't MMS but if you friends can get internet on there phone you can use Android SendIT from the market ... It will let you email any size video to anyone

You can't MMS but if you friends can get internet on there phone you can use Android SendIT from the market ... It will let you email any size video to anyone

Hmmmm, loading to a "private" web site doesn't seem like the best solution.

Back
Top Bottom