• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile hotspot compatibility Question

jaydemir

Jun 18, 2013
I used mobile hotspot on my LG motion and it runs FLAWLESSLY on my Google Nexus 7 tablet.

HOWEVER, when I tether to anything else (my "work" iPad, HP laptop, etc), pages rarely load up, if at all. Google search results will pop in quick from the URL bar, but I cant even go to google.com, or any website for that matter.

I've even had my HP and my Nexus load the same page at the same time, both connected to my LG, and the Nexus 7 loads up right away while the HP fails miserably.

Does anyone know why this might be?

4G Mobile Hotspot (Will Work) without the ($10 4G Mobile Hotspot Service) from MetroPCS with other android devices
:
:
However for devices with OS other than Android (IOS or Windows) you need to add the $10 4G Mobile Hotspot to your phone plan for (2.5 GB) per month and $5 for each additional 500MB
:
:
If you could trick MetroPCS to see your WindowsOS as Android you might be able to use unlimited internet for free from MetroPCS.

Reactions: jaydemir
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones