• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Hotspot Experience on Note 2 (T-Mobile)

TMD78

Dec 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'd like to hear from anyone who has used their Note 2 as a hotspot with T-Mobile. I paid for this feature, frankly it was the second biggest reason I dropped the iphone and moved from AT&T to T-Mobile. For days i've tried switching up the security, resetting, checking various wifi devices, only permitting one device etc and it just constantly drops.

I listen to streaming media most of the day. I have full bars of 4G service in my office. My iPad will instantly connect to my wifi hotspot but seconds later drops, then picks up, drops etc. I opened up spotify and i can sit here with full service 4G and it will play, stop play etc. If i just use the spotify app on the Note 2, no hiccups at all. That's great but i want to be able to use my other wifi devices and it just hangs on web pages, sometimes they load but usually takes a few tries.

I'm overreacting to everything this week because so much is new to me, but this really sucks. I didnt expect T-MO to be the best carrier out there, but i figured the 4G service was probably decent. Well I have full service just about everywhere i've tested and the hotspot feature just fails constantly so I want to see if anyone else experiences this or has some suggestions before I burn an hour of my life with customer service.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones