• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile hotspot question.

cannon11

So I red that you can use this phone as a mobile hotspot for free if you buy unlocked. Let me know if that is not true, but anyway, Do you need a data plan to use it as a hotspot, or how does that work?
Like If I just had at talk and text plan, would it still work as a hotspot? I could just turn on the hotspot and use the wifi for my laptop?

I'm kind of a noob regarding this kind of stuff, so let me know.
thanks

So I red that you can use this phone as a mobile hotspot for free if you buy unlocked. Let me know if that is not true, but anyway, Do you need a data plan to use it as a hotspot, or how does that work?
Like If I just had at talk and text plan, would it still work as a hotspot? I could just turn on the hotspot and use the wifi for my laptop?
I'm kind of a noob regarding this kind of stuff, so let me know.
thanks
The data has to come from somewhere, so if you use the phone as a hotspot, then it's providing data via WiFi to your laptop. So no, you can't use it without a data plan. If you have just a talk & text plan, then make sure you disable 'mobile data' to block the 3G data connections.

Back
Top Bottom