• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Modem Did Not Power Up Error - Need Assistance

deahl001

Lurker
So I have a bit of a problem. I will explain the timeline of events. Any assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Roughly a week ago I rooted my stock 2.3.4 X2 using the one click method. Click Here for Example.

No issues with that.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to install the CM7 rom This method.

I began flashing the 2.3.4 SBF using my Windows 7 64-bit machine with RSD 5.4.4. It completed flashing groups through the G65. It then attempted to switch to bypass mode. I received this error "Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode(0x70BE)" and it failed.

I have since updated the QHSUSB Driver and tried again. Still no luck.

Tried multiple computers and it still kept failing.

I have also tried booting into Ubuntu and was supposedly able to load the SBF using SBF_FLASH successfully. I say supposedly because the terminal acts as though there were no issues and it completes, but the phone still doesn't work.

When I boot up the X2 now, I get the error "Modem did not power up (1) Starting RSD protocol support".

I have the ability to get to the recovery menu and such so I am hoping there is some avenue I can take to get back to a functioning phone. Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!

I am also able to boot into the android OS by using the Boot Android (No BP) option on the boot menu. Everything in the actual OS seems fine, just no signal.

Back