• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Monstro's Rom V3 4.4.2 Fastest and Lightest Rom

Would love this if it worked with LTE. I can't stand the 3G speeds around. I'd definitely try the rom if LTE worked.

Must be something with the phone itself, because this rom is basically a stripped down stock rom. Did it work before you rooted. My phone when I bought it was set on CDMA

Must be something with the phone itself, because this rom is basically a stripped down stock rom. Did it work before you rooted. My phone when I bought it was set on CDMA

Yes. Mine was set to LTE/CDMA out of the box. I used another stripped ROM on my Tribute before this one; it's also available here on Android forums (http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-tribute-stock-zv5-deodexed-unmodified-4-4-2.922509/). LTE works with that ROM. I got mine back in October of 2014, so my phone's among the early batch, when it had the ZV4 version.

Whats up everyone, in regards to daffyducknj, is that rom you just posted about yesterday at 9:44am able to be flashed onto any version or build of the tribute no matter what version the person flashing with your posted link in your post right above mine is on?

(i always try and explain everything someone might be automatically be thinking "what is he talking about" within my sentences and sometimes it gets pretty spaced in terms of damn thats a big explaination of the actual context to top it off the explaining is right smack dab in the middle of the question. MY BAD EVERYONE! haha ..... <------- just like that

IT COMES NATURAL!! haha peace.

@daffyducknj did you try APN fix by mopedrider?

I tried a ROM for a regular Tribute on my wife's DDR Tribute and borked data (3g/4g) all up. Reflashed the backup and everything is back, working. I can't test anything, as she doesn't want it messed with any further.

Somehow or another, her phone is ghosted in the system. She hasn't paid for service (according to DDR VM, her service is null) in 3 months, but still has full service. The ability to text, call and send/receive data (which gets 3g/4g data up till 12.5 gb [I watched a bunch of movies], so data isn't capped until then) are still working as if she had paid the bill. We have tried to rectify the situation, but customer service doesn't WANT to help. So she gets free service.

@daffyducknj did you try APN fix by mopedrider?

I tried a ROM for a regular Tribute on my wife's DDR Tribute and borked data (3g/4g) all up. Reflashed the backup and everything is back, working. I can't test anything, as she doesn't want it messed with any further.

Somehow or another, her phone is ghosted in the system. She hasn't paid for service (according to DDR VM, her service is null) in 3 months, but still has full service. The ability to text, call and send/receive data (which gets 3g/4g data up till 12.5 gb [I watched a bunch of movies], so data isn't capped until then) are still working as if she had paid the bill. We have tried to rectify the situation, but customer service doesn't WANT to help. So she gets free service.

Guess I could try APN fix. But for now, my Tribute is in the nice pile of VM backups I have (LG Optimus V, and a Kyocera Event... that might go to the recycler soon). That's because I've moved on to using a LG G Stylo as my daily driver.

My reading habits on the subways and buses of the NYC area demanded it (5.7 inch screen is nice, even if it's 720p HD), plus the phone is currently on sale at Best Buy for $128. (They took that down just $2... I bought my Stylo about 1 1/2 weeks ago when it was $130. :D) . It's pretty good with the typical 3D games out of the box. But I hope to root it soon... still needs somebody to knock out a working TWRP for it at least.

I'm happy that my Tribute has lasted a long time, since Oct 2014, with only minor issues. My mom is somewhat interested in getting the phone from me, though she's told me either a Samsung S5 or an iPhone will probably be next. (I'm betting it'll be the iPhone, as she does have an iPad 2, and a MacBook.)

Including DDR? As far as I know the APN wouldn't be correct.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be sure on that front. Anyway, the OP has taken down this ROM. Not sure why. modhatter has his version of a stripped ZV6 ROM up in the Rooted tab. Will try that one... plenty of time now thanks to Winter Storm Jonas.

Well since the OP took down his rom, anyone know if the stripped version will fix an issue I'm having (where almost all apps keep crashing)?

Back
Top Bottom