• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moonshine method works - S=OFF on OTA 2.15

dupek

I am happy to announce that moonshine script works. It is at http://www.moonshine.io. Do not work in windows, as the sync manager is interfering with the script, but works in Linux. I tested in Linux Mint v14 KDE. Works fine. It is very easy. I did it and I am not that much into Linux.
Attach photo of my phone.

Attachments

• moonshine1.png
    moonshine1.png
    529.7 KB · Views: 96
From what I've read from the devs, that's only for the T-Mobile version with the latest OTA update. Is that what you have?

The script will go trough 3 stages of test and -if pass -will actually begin the "magic". In windows, I could not pass the stage 2. It hung up because the Sync Manager breaking connection with the script. HTC and Tmob, wanted to make sure that we will not be able to uninstall the bloatware with S=ON. I could not uninstall it. Every time I remove, it will come back after reboot. Finally I give up on Windows and "plunge" into Linux. Do not get me wrong, I got scare few times, but all went fine. If you decided to install a Linux then download the script from Linux. It will put into /Home/Downloads dir.
Right click will get you options to extract. Then, from root terminal cd /home/Download and the dir that was created. Just fallow the instruction on moonshine web site. LIke I said before, I am not much into a Linux, and I believe that if I can do it, then any one will.

cool, I had bought a second one-s and it was replaced because 4g did not work - the replacement is on latest OTA. So now I am not so dis appointed.

Now I need help with setting phone I am returning to s-on and locked, I will ask in post about resetting lock flag, please see that and comment if you know.

Back
Top Bottom