• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most stable Custom Rom for The Vortex

mdlash

Lurker
Hello All,

I'm trying to find the most stable rom for my Vortex. Tried the Thunder mod (almost bricked phone) and the cyanogen mod (CM7) which was awesome except for the screen not rotating, camera not working and I couldn't get quite a few apps I need/use to load. I'm waiting on a revision of this one as the Vortex was cooking on it!

I've been trying to locate the latest & most stable version of the Breakneck rom and can only seem to find v2.1. Does anyone have a link to get the latest version?

Also, just sort of looking for thoughts on what is indeed the current most stable rom out there...

Thanks!

I have been using the latest CM7 and it's been very stable for me. Only thing that gave me trouble was the screen animations and I don't care if those are turned off.

Use the latest breakneck that doesn't have ginm's kernel (might be 2.1) or use the cm7 with all the fixes. Read through the thread for goodness' sake. Hint: check the last page

Thanks OhSeven! I actually did try cm7 for a few days and was really excited by it. I had too many issues with it as far as apps, screen not rotating as well as the screen lock blackout where I had to continually pull the battery on the phone to re boot. 2.3.7 was very snappy. I'll just wait for a version that includes all the fixes. I do have breakneck 2.1, but I really would like the ability to over clock as well. I guess i'll just try that and run ginm's kernal mod. I've seen references online to breakneck 4 & 5 and was hoping to obtain the most current breakneck rom.

There was an issue with the breakneck developer possibly using ginm's kernel without permission. You should be able to flash the kernel on top of the older breakneck rom, though I never did. geofferey uploaded nandoid backups of cm7 with fixes in place, turn off screen animations and it runs well.

mdlash: Have you decided on what ROM you are going to use? I am in the same boat (looking for a decent stable ROM) but can't really make up my mind based on the all the posts. Most of the ROMs are old and have tons of followup which is impossible to get thru for somebody that's just starting to look at upgrading their phone.

Back
Top Bottom