• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto 360 System Update thread

All of my play/pause controls have been in the apps I use with Chromecast (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, etc etc) and haven't changed much in two years.

Are yours someplace else?

Before the latest Moto 360 update, whenever I casted something, whether it was Netflix, Plex, YouTube, I would on my Moto 360 have a little bar with the title of what was being cast, as well as a Play/Pause button. That's gone now.

I just noticed on my moto 360 and galaxy s6 edge that when I have pandora playing, the watch doesn't show anything. I've checked to make sure I didn't block the app but Spotify works normal.

Has anyone else experienced this with Lollipop and the new update for moto 360?

I don't have controls for pandora anymore either. Additionally 2-3 times a day (sometimes more sometimes less) my 360 disconnects from my N6 ... then a minute or so later reconnects. Getting kind of annoying

Additionally 2-3 times a day (sometimes more sometimes less) my 360 disconnects from my N6 ... then a minute or so later reconnects. Getting kind of annoying
I had that before the update but now it's rock solid and hardly ever disconnects. I've got a Moto X 2nd gen but it's still weird that it got fixed for me and broke for you.

I'll have to pay attention next time I'm casting or Pandora-ing, I don't use my watch to control them much so haven't noticed if it's still there or not.

Did that come as an Android Wear app update via the store or was it an OS update? I had the impression it was a Wear update.

I got the android wear update two days ago and got the moto 360 update last night.
Here is what my 360 says:
android wear: 1.3.02166028
build: LCA44B

Any time an update comes out i just tell the wear app to forget my watch then i factory reset the watch. Bam update downloading.

edit: YMMV but it's worked for me every time

I just got the notification my 360 has downloaded an update, must power up to install. I will have first impressions tomorrow.

:D

Mine came through tonight (OS update on the watch itself) and I'm not seeing anything different.

LCA44B on the device
1.3.0.2171751 Android Wear

Edit: That circles watch face you see in the reveal for this is Bits Watch Face. It's on the App Store.

Last edited:
Well after a day on the update I am very pleased. Very stable, no additional battery drain. All in all I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.
:D
I am at 62% battery after 12 hours. And the bits watch face is cool, I can't wait to see new ones as they are developed.

I can't tell if this is placebo or not, but I really have gotten two SOLID days of battery life. Yesterday I put it on the charger at the end of the night, 17 hours at 52%. Tonight I'm on 18 hours with 61% left.

I'll take that!

Back
Top Bottom