• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto G keeps freezing/rebooting after ROM installation

I just installed EHNDROIX V onto my Moto G, after I booted it up and went through the language/time/province thing and after that it wasn't 30 seconds until my device froze, powered off.. after powering my device on I unlocked the screen and then 30 seconds or so later it repeated the process, this has been going on for 4 hours now.
Device Info : XT1031 - 4.4.4 - CWM
P.S : I also had an error with the wifi, after adding my network the status stayed on "Obtaining IP Adress" and never changed.

It sounds like you may have flashed the ROM without wiping everything in recovery first.

It sounds like you may have flashed the ROM without wiping everything in recovery first.
-- The procedure I went through for wiping:
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Wipe Cache
Format /system
Format /data
Format /cache
Installed rom/gapps from sideload
-- Anything I'm missing?
Also could APN settings be a possible cause for the wifi failure?

That should do it for the wipe. Did you reboot your recovery after formating data? If not that could be your problem. APN settings shouldn't matter for wifi, only data. Did you use Ehndroix gapps. I tried almost every build of Ehndroix and don't remember ever having any issues like this.

That should do it for the wipe. Did you reboot your recovery after formating data? If not that could be your problem. APN settings shouldn't matter for wifi, only data. Did you use Ehndroix gapps. I tried almost every build of Ehndroix and don't remember ever having any issues like this.
Yep, I used endrogapps and I didn't reboot my recovery after formatting, I'll try that and get back to you.

Last edited:
Same issue keeps happening even after rebooting recovery after the format. :/

What stock version did you have installed last, and what rom before trying Ehndroix? I would try to reflash stock firmware with one of the stock roms from SuperR or with adb/fastboot, then try again. Is this happening with any other roms?

Back
Top Bottom