• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help moto g screen edge flicker

pz856f

Lurker
I have a fairly new Moto G first gen. All of a sudden the right 1/2" of the screen has started to flicker constantly. It is most noticeable on all of my home screens. Not as noticeable on app or widget screens. Any help will be much appreciated. Oh, it is updated to kitkat.

I'd say you've got a hardware issue. Did you buy it used or from amazon or Moto? If new from Amazon/Moto, you should be able to do a warranty exchange for it.

You will do a Fact9ry Data Reset before you turn it over to a third party. When you do you might find that it corrected the problem.

The "buttons" on my Druid Maxx stopped operating once. I was preparing to get it replaced and did a Factory Data Reset. It corrected the problem and it never happened again.

... Thom

You will do a Fact9ry Data Reset before you turn it over to a third party. When you do you might find that it corrected the problem.

The "buttons" on my Druid Maxx stopped operating once. I was preparing to get it replaced and did a Factory Data Reset. It corrected the problem and it never happened again.

... Thom

I know where to go to do this but want to make sure my contacts are backed up to Google+ first. Do I need to plug the phone into a laptop to do this? I am new to bring things up. Thanks for your input.

I'd say you've got a hardware issue. Did you buy it used or from amazon or Moto? If new from Amazon/Moto, you should be able to do a warranty exchange for it.
It was Amazon but they don't have any more at the same price. I'll try the factory reset and then if that does not work, figure out how to exchange it on Amazon. At least they are good to work with! Thanks.

It was Amazon but they don't have any more at the same price. I'll try the factory reset and then if that does not work, figure out how to exchange it on Amazon. At least they are good to work with! Thanks.
Yes they are good to work with. I agree, try the factory reset first, like Thom suggested. As far as your contacts go, as long as you made them Google contacts rather than on the device they should be copied to the Google cloud. You can easily check this by logging into gmail on a computer and looking at your contacts there. Of they match you're good to go.

Sadly, the reader did not work so back it goes and I am unable to find another one. Thanks for the input.

Wasn't an option when I went through the return/replace drill. There are none to be had and the second generation are GSM while first generation are CDMA, which is what I need on Page Plus

Wasn't an option when I went through the return/replace drill. There are none to be had and the second generation are GSM while first generation are CDMA, which is what I need on Page Plus
Ah, OK. I didn't realize you have a CDMA device. Mine is 1st gen GSM version that I had bought direct from Moto.

Just a quick update. I called Motorola tech support and they could not fix the issue so they are going to exchange it for a new one. All might be well that ends well. :)

Back
Top Bottom