• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto G won't turn on

Hi, I turned my Moto G phone off and when I try turning it on again it shows the boot up screen (with the M and the world with planes flying round etc) then just turns itself off again. I've tried holding down the volume key and power key together and it does the same thing, boots up then turns itself off.
Can anyone help?

Plug the charger in let it sit for like 5 minutes then press and hold the power button until it actually boots up. It may take like 4 or 5 minutes to so be prepared to hold down the button for a while.

Plug the charger in let it sit for like 5 minutes then press and hold the power button until it actually boots up. It may take like 4 or 5 minutes to so be prepared to hold down the button for a while.

I've done this many times. I've now noticed I don't think the phone is switching off either, the battery gets warm like when the phone is on and the screen isn't entirely dark.

Hi, I turned my Moto G phone off and when I try turning it on again it shows the boot up screen (with the M and the world with planes flying round etc) then just turns itself off again. I've tried holding down the volume key and power key together and it does the same thing, boots up then turns itself off.
Can anyone help?
Wait to discharge battery of your Motorola don't do anything with phone. It takes some days (maybe). Then connect loader and chargé battery. It should help :)

Thanks everyone for your help. In the end Motorola agreed to fix my phone as luckily it was still under warranty.

I had the same issue when I got my moto g. I had it for a few weeks and that happened. After digging through the net I found out that the boot loader became corrupted. Not is a known issue.

Back
Top Bottom