• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G100 lockscreen

motog

Had my new Motorola G100 for a couple of weeks and really pleased with it except!
When unlocking screen with fingerprint it then want's a PIN number as well?
As far as I know it's set for remaining unlocked while home and/or 4 hours, can't seem to set it up so it doesn't request it!
I am in 'developer mode' and in the notification section there is a skip lock screen function which is greyed out ? and I don't seem able to activate it?
Am I looking in the right area?
Looks like I had similar settings on my G7 plus but that would go to an active screen from a fingerprint without PIN request.

Alan

Had my new Motorola G100 for a couple of weeks and really pleased with it except!
When unlocking screen with fingerprint it then want's a PIN number as well?
As far as I know it's set for remaining unlocked while home and/or 4 hours, can't seem to set it up so it doesn't request it!
I am in 'developer mode' and in the notification section there is a skip lock screen function which is greyed out ? and I don't seem able to activate it?
Am I looking in the right area?
Looks like I had similar settings on my G7 plus but that would go to an active screen from a fingerprint without PIN request.

Alan
i do not have your phone so that i'm not sure if that is how it is setup.

i would undo everything, delete your fingers and pin. reboot the phone, then try and start all over.

Thanks for your reply, I removed all (2) fingerprints, pin number and 'unlocked at home'Had a reboot and setup fingerprints, pin number and stay unlocked at home but unlocking with fingerprint still requires a pin number! aargh!
Can't seem to remove the second level of security, have to get on to Motorola I guess.
At least when using Google pay the transaction is carried out with just a fingerprint!

Alan

Just an update on this in case it helps anyone else.
I contacted Motorola and found them very quick and helpful in their response.
They suggested I booted the phone into safe mode when it worked perfectly! Straight to my home page with a fingerprint.
The problem was software related to an app I had installed - screen off and lock.
Uninstalled it and found an alternative 'lock screen' which appears to work well allowing access to home page with a prompt for the pin.

Alan

Back
Top Bottom