• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto X 2014 gets lollipop before nexus phones

2prevail

Android Enthusiast
I could've sworn that one of the key benefits of having a nexus device was vanilla android before anyone else. This is the 2nd year Motorola got the update before us! I understand that they wanted to iron out the bugs but they should've been done that. Lollipop shouldve been revealed and launched uniformally to all the nexus devices (able to get the update) at the same time. Show unity among the program & products, that's how you build a stronger loyalty and eventually fan base 👌

They are doing testing by releasing to a small user base (Poland for the g3 and a soak test for moto). This isn't an official OTA and IMO haven't beaten nexus. Keep in mind carrier delays are still going to exist here in the US.

Nexus devices were never guaranteed to be first, only fast. That hasn't changed.

OEM's being slow to update has always been a complaint about android. Those are starting to be solved. That's a GOOD thing for android :)

I stand corrected. We'll have to see if that actually happens though

Google could post images tomorrow and they're still the first.

Back
Top Bottom