• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help motorola atrix yahoo email account

Wanted to know if anyone has noticed, when you add your yahoo email account, it delivers your mail late. It doesn't even sync on time. Of course the gmail one works fine. But wanted to know if anyone came across it. The mail would only pop up when I unlock the phone.

Wanted to know if anyone has noticed, when you add your yahoo email account, it delivers your mail late. It doesn't even sync on time. Of course the gmail one works fine. But wanted to know if anyone came across it. The mail would only pop up when I unlock the phone.

Are you using the built-in email client or the Yahoo email app?

I am using the Yahoo email app and sometimes it only shows new email notification when I turn on the screen. FYI, I have the background data on and the battery manager set to Performance mode. I am wondering if data is somehow turned off if the phone is not in use for certain period of time.

My wife has the iphone4, Yahoo email notification is much faster and more reliable on the iphone.

I am using the yahoo email app and it's almost instant notification. I can send an email from my gmail to my yahoo (from my PC) and my phone buzzes almost instantly. Not sure what you're doing wrong but mine is sharp.

Are you using the built-in email client or the Yahoo email app?

I am using the Yahoo email app and sometimes it only shows new email notification when I turn on the screen. FYI, I have the background data on and the battery manager set to Performance mode. I am wondering if data is somehow turned off if the phone is not in use for certain period of time.

My wife has the iphone4, Yahoo email notification is much faster and more reliable on the iphone.

I am using the built in email client. I have also tried the email app as well noticed the same results. Both have lousy results.

my gmail sucks as well. I get yahoo mail almost instantly using the app. I am also using the latest version of the gmail app, and I have to manually check it or I don't get any updates.

setting up my gmail through the motoblur account yields better response, but I have 2 accounts. When I click on the email app, it takes me to the "default" account...and I can switch that. But I want a list of the accounts to pop up when I choose the app, like in the gmail app.

I have a problem with google voice too. I was expecting google accounts to work flawlessly on their OS.

Back
Top Bottom