• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Device Manager doesn't work.

Dear readers,

Since a week I have a Motorola Moto G phone. I did download this piece of software.
But, when I open the device manager I only do see in a window 'check new updates': translated from Dutch. It's impossible to go further to work with my photo's and/or other things.

My Google e-mailadress to log in on the PC and Motorola is the same, and there is no error message or whatever.

What can I do now. I did uninstall the software and install it again, but no succes.

Thanks! Marc

Last edited:
Welcome to Android Forums.

What device are you using (Moto G or Moto G (2014))? Is the app you are asking about Android Device manager or something else?

... Thom

Thank you for responding, Thom.
It's the Moto G. I didn't mention a app. It's software, sorry for not mention it, on my PC. I did download it and it said: 'Motorola Device Manager'.

Marc

I have a Linux machine so I don't have the Motorola software installed, but when I first got my Moto G (11 months ago), I did have Windows. I had that Motorola Device Manager, and all it did for me was to check if there was a new version of Android. I had to use the file manager on my computer to see the files on my phone (after plugging it into a USB port and making sure it was set to MTP).

Thanks Alfick3,

You got the same issue, that's ok. I searched in all Motorola maps, but I can't find the MTP. My phone was plugged in.
When you go into settings > storage then click the three little dots in the upper right you'll get the USB connection type and there you can choose mtp.

I don't think the Motorola Device Manager is supposed to do anything but check for software updates. At least that's my impression on it. Like I said, I don't use it any more though 'cause I'm using Linux on my computer now, not Windows.

Alfick3,

The function Storage>>USB connection>> MTP was already working.
Motorola Connect is searching with my Google e-mail account. This account, e-mail, is working on the PC and the Motorola. The Google Account on the Motorola gives a synchronization error. I think that is the problem, while the calendar and all other synchronization items: Google, Chrome Contacts etc. is synchronized. Strange...
Motorola Device Manager is still searching for updates...

Marc

In not a hundred percent sure, but it sounds like you are having sync errors on the phone? That has nothing to do with the software installed on your computer. I get occasional bouts where I can't sync. I'll get an error. But, the Moto software on the computer has no bearing on your phone syncing.

For best exposure this thread was moved to the forum dedicated to discussing this phone.

... Thom
Hi Thom - I am having a similar issue as discussed above and tried to find the discussion thread on the forum dedicated to the MotoG but have been unable to locate it. Can you post the link so I can read what has already been written? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom