• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Droid running Sense UI

Bxrider11

After enjoying a good Sunday meal, I saw this posting on AndroidCentral.com. They show a Moto Droid running a rom from the HTC Desire. Sense UI has been ported to the Moto Droid. I know some people could care less. But for me, I graduated to the Moto Droid from the HTC Eris and I really like Sense UI. So for those that took the same route as me to the Moto Droid or is you like Sense UI, this link is for you.

YouTube - How would your Droid like a Rosie

Here is another link with the Droid running Adobe Flash 10. All from the same rom.

YouTube - Droid has some sense on AllDroid.org

Enjoy.

I (and others in the root forum) have been watching this rom develop in the thread for it at alldroid. He's been moving really fast with this...Last time I looked (this afternoon), he is still working on getting incoming calls and wifi to work.

When it's done, I'm damn sure going to give this a shot. He said Flash 10 is running pretty well (the vid in the first post, he wasn't sure how to use his vid cam I think, so it looked jerkey...)

Stories on it will be popping up all over the web now that Engadget has posted it...

they have some more flash vids to post, but youtube is being a pain with uploading i guess. so... coming soon haha

looks great I've being following this since day 1, hope it doesn't take long but they are still have issues receiving phone calls, using bluetooth and wifi

I realize this is just getting ported, and up & running is the first step. But they appear to have some MAJOR huddles to get over. A lot of lag, camera issues, keyboard issues, WiFi and GPS issues. And the browser demonstration didn't WOW me either. Mine (currently using Dolphin) is faster than that on 3G.

I realize this is just getting ported, and up & running is the first step. But they appear to have some MAJOR huddles to get over. A lot of lag, camera issues, keyboard issues, WiFi and GPS issues. And the browser demonstration didn't WOW me either. Mine (currently using Dolphin) is faster than that on 3G.

No the camera is fine, the HTC keyboard doesn't work in landscape but you can use the droid keyboard, wifi and bluetooth are not working and also can't receive calls, GPS I'm not sure, but as I was told GPS is working but I didn't see anything showing the GPS working

Back
Top Bottom