• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Motorola Has Added the Moto E to it's Bootloader Unlock Program

Mine is on its way, so I'll invalidate my warranty on day 1:

"If you are ready to accept all the implications of unlocking the bootloader, which -except for Developer Edition devices- includes completely voiding your device's warranty, then let's get started."

I was born ready. ;)

"WARNING: MOTOROLA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS AGAINST UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER AND/OR MODIFYING OR ALTERING A DEVICE'S SOFTWARE OR OPERATING SYSTEM. DOING SO CAN HAVE UNINTENDED, UNFORESEEN, AND DANGEROUS CONSEQUENCES, SUCH AS RENDERING THE DEVICE UNUSABLE, VIOLATING APPLICABLE LAWS, OR CAUSING PROPERTY DAMAGE AND/OR BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH."

So, what are the stats of rooting causing DEATH, anyway? :rolleyes:

"WARNING: MOTOROLA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS AGAINST UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER AND/OR MODIFYING OR ALTERING A DEVICE'S SOFTWARE OR OPERATING SYSTEM. DOING SO CAN HAVE UNINTENDED, UNFORESEEN, AND DANGEROUS CONSEQUENCES, SUCH AS RENDERING THE DEVICE UNUSABLE, VIOLATING APPLICABLE LAWS, OR CAUSING PROPERTY DAMAGE AND/OR BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH."

So, what are the stats of rooting causing DEATH, anyway? :rolleyes:
Ooh ooh, I know! Rooting may lead to custom kernels that can over clock, leading to a (possible) runaway battery drain instance (dealt with that a cpl times) and spontaneous battery combustion from heat caused by the runaway drain (like the iPhone 5's did) in a hazardous area (like a gas station, getting gas).. That work? Lmfao. It seems to be a lithium ion battery issue.. Ridiculous but plausible in a "Final Destination" point of view/scenario

Before it was added to the program, what method was used to unlock the bootloader. I can't get my Moto E unlocked through the Motorola site, so I need to know an alternate way of unlocking it.

Back
Top Bottom