• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Moto E (2020) XT2052DL Files Not Displayable

Hi got this phone and I was impressed with the size, great voice to text quality, and price.

However, one of the most important features is to plug it into my computer and access the files.

I was unable to do this. Motorola tech support could not help me nor Tracfone's nor someone from Bestbuy (not Geeksquad). I had to return it and thought the other phone I would buy would be equal in quality but it was a smaller Samsung with bad voice to text and a higher price.

At first, I thought it was some new Android 10 OS problem, but then the samsung had asked me something and I was then able to see my files viewing them from Windows Explorer (Win7).

So there was something about the need to access the authorization on the phone first and it's accepted then phone lets itself be read. Does anyone know how to get back into that if it was bypassed or just any more about this process.

Obviously some tech support did not.

Last edited:
Hi got this phone and I was impressed with the size, great voice to text quality, and price.

However, one of the most important features is to plug it into my computer and access the files.

I was unable to do this. Motorola tech support could not help me nor Tracfone's nor someone from Bestbuy (not Geeksquad). I had to return it and thought the other phone I would buy would be equal in quality but it was a smaller Samsung with bad voice to text and a higher price.

At first, I thought it was some new Android 10 OS problem, but then the samsung had asked me something and I was then able to see my files viewing them from Windows Explorer (Win7).

So there was something about the need to access the authorization on the phone first and it's accepted then phone lets itself be read. Does anyone know how to get back into that if it was bypassed or just any more about this process.

Obviously some tech support did now.
i'm not sure i understand what you want to accomplish when your phone is hooked up to the pc. what kind of files are we talking about?

When you connect the Moto to your Pc you should see a notification in the status bar. If you click on it make sure it's set to file transfer.

Try restarting the phone.

When you connect to your pc, there should be a notification on your phone saying "connected by".... Tap on that notification (from your notification shade)... Then choose usb file transfer

Last edited:
Those notifications were not happening. Three tech support people and I would have seen them. It must have been a defective phone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom