• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

billy124

Dec 3, 2010
Hello Guys

1) I am looking for a app which will allow me to mount my laptop hard disk, and network hard disk on to my phone.

2) A good app to access, remote desktop my laptop over the net and over wifi

Free apps will be best but dont mind paying if the app is amazing

Thank you

Hi,
1) you can try any filemaneger with Samba support (first 2 are plugins, you have to install the filemanager too) :
Ghost Commander - Samba Plugin ~ Android Application v1.01 By Ghost Squared
ASTRO SMB Module ~ Android Application v1.0.1 By Metago | Productivity
Mobile SMB ~ Android Application v1.0.7 By padersync | Productivity (and Trila version Mobile SMB Trial ~ Android Application v1.0.7 By padersync | Productivity)
Then simply allow sharing in Windows (or Linux) and you can access the files like in normal network (just in workgroup, not in domain).

2) You can try VNC viewer (free) or Windows Remote desktop client (expensive) :
android-vnc-viewer ~ Android Application v0.4.7 By androidVNC team + antlersoft | Communication
Remote Desktop Client ~ Android Application v2.3.0 By Xtralogic, Inc. | Communication

Reactions: billy124
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones