• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Move apps to SD card feature

EpicRazzy

When I got my Z1, I was extremely happy with it, especially with the fact that it was lag free. After the first update, it started having moments of slight lag so I was pretty disappointed. I decided not to update my OS anymore until the update adds the feature to move apps to SD card. Now that a new update is available, I was wondering if it adds this feature. I ask you: does the new update add the feature of moving apps to the SD card?

Most apps can't be moved to the SD card. Those that can only have part moved - there's still a link left on main storage. It has nothing to do with the update, but with how the app is written. The "feature" was available as far back at least as Android version 2 - there are apps that will do it. But, again, most apps can't be run from the SD card. It's there to store media files (movies, pictures, music, etc.)

I doubt it. I think that is just a Samsung thing and I think they are trying to stop that now too. The phone is supposed to be used as internal memory for apps, external memory for media. When I came from my S2 to this I was disappointed to see I couldn't move apps to sd too but when I think about it less and less apps had the ability to move as time went on and I kind of blame the phones state on that too, fragmented files everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom