• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving apps to the SD card...

DoctorCAD

I know that this topic has been posted several times, but this is something different that I did and it seemed to work.

I tried the Sygic Navigation app on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and really like it. It is capable of storing all its maps, POI's and voices on-board so that it can be used as a vehicle navigation system, it uses Tom Tom maps but with its own front end. I ended up buying it. I like it a lot except for the fact that it needs 3.0 gig or more to store the entire USA info. That used up the entire memory of the Galaxy Tab. I contacted the developer and was told to simply "move" the entire SYGIC directory to the SD card with no other action needed. To my surprise, it works.

Wonder if it would work for other apps? Since I only have a 16 gig card, and almost 12 gig of music, I don't have any more space to try moving something else. I ordered a 32 gig card just in case either this works or someone develops a APP2SD app.

GL to SD works for moving large amounts of data from internal memory to an external sd card. It is made for games, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for other data types as well.

I know that this topic has been posted several times, but this is something different that I did and it seemed to work.

I tried the Sygic Navigation app on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and really like it. It is capable of storing all its maps, POI's and voices on-board so that it can be used as a vehicle navigation system, it uses Tom Tom maps but with its own front end. I ended up buying it. I like it a lot except for the fact that it needs 3.0 gig or more to store the entire USA info. That used up the entire memory of the Galaxy Tab. I contacted the developer and was told to simply "move" the entire SYGIC directory to the SD card with no other action needed. To my surprise, it works.

Wonder if it would work for other apps? Since I only have a 16 gig card, and almost 12 gig of music, I don't have any more space to try moving something else. I ordered a 32 gig card just in case either this works or someone develops a APP2SD app.

Back
Top Bottom