• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving video files automatically over wifi

Wibs

Lurker
Hi guys,
my friend has a Huawei phone (not sure of the model) but it's running Android 7. Every month or even less she has the same problem, out of memory messages, because the phone's memory (16GB internal, plus 64GB SD) has totally filled up with video files. She runs a dog charity and rescues many dogs from the pounds in Spain, pays all their vet bills, then finds homes for them all over Europe. She makes lots and lots of videos using her phone so she can send clips, training videos etc. to potential adoptees. She has a Dropbox account and other free cloud storage, but they are usually maxed out too. I normally archive all her free cloud storage to an external drive attached to her laptop, and the files on her phone, using Wifi File Transfer Pro, then the monthly process repeats.

What she would like (and what I would like, to save me all this work), if it is at all possible, is when she comes home after a day of making videos, and the phone connects to her home wifi system, for all the pics and videos on her phone to be automatically moved from the phone to a 5TB external storage drive attached to her laptop, also on the same wifi. This process should be automatic, preferably.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wibs

automatically? no i don't think that there is anything out there like that at least not to an external hard drive. have you tried google photo's? it automatically syncs when on wifi. i don't have to do anything and it gets automatically uploaded to the cloud.

i don't think tasker will automatically save to an external hard drive specifically. i tmight be possible to use tasker to save to the sd card, but external hard drive? i'm not sure, but i doubt it.

As the phone is apparently a Huawei. There's Huawei's own HiSuite that runs on a PC, which makes it easy(one click) to backup whatever you like from a Huawei or Honor phone, like videos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom