• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MP3 file not supported on my A50 android phone

georgewah

Lurker
Hello

I transferred some mp3 files from my laptop to my A50 phone. Even though the files are successfully transferred I can not play or "file not supported" message popped up. Can someone help please?

Thanks

There are a lot of MP3 players in the Play store, there's even one that looks like an old-school cassette player.

Hello

I transferred some mp3 files from my laptop to my A50 phone. Even though the files are successfully transferred I can not play or "file not supported" message popped up. Can someone help please?

Thanks

Does samsung provide their own music player on the phone, or is it the Google player? There're lots of media players in the playstore, but I can't fathom why Samsung would provide an app that doesn't support what is unquestionably the most common music format. (these are audio files, correct?) Are you trying to play the file through a file manager by tapping on it? If so, what is the default app to play mp3 files on your phone?

Where did you download the MP3 file? Maybe it is corrupted and can't be played. Also, perhaps the MP3 player you are using can't open that file. I can suggest searching for music on whatisthatsong.net. You will always find any music from YouTube and download it in MP3 format. If you remember the name of the song you have downloaded, you can try downloading it from this website. I can surely say that it will work. The MP3 files from that website can be readable by any MP3 player, which is excellent.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks
I have a similar problem however when it tells me FILE NOT SUPPORTED its after I'm trying to watch or view a home video of my newborn that I've already viewed probably close to a zillion times (as any parent does!) or look at a photograph again but won't allow me to all if a sudden. Have I permanently lost these irreplaceable & valuable memories???

TO both questions above download VLC - it can play pretty much all Video and audio formats without needing extra codecs.

Back
Top Bottom