• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multi media Dock

arparaspolo

Android Enthusiast
I have the Motorola Multimedia Dock that came in the DX2 bundle from Verizon and just recently it seems to be not working correctly. I have noticed two things. It doesn't seem to be charging my phone even though it shows the lightning bolt over the battery and also shows the animation of the battery filling. And also the home button no longer works while docked. Normally hitting the home button will bring me to the Multimedia home screen. Now, nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone having similar or different issues with the dock?

I have the doc and only once i noticed the clock thingy didnt ocme on, a pohone reboot fixed that..

Also understand the charge is coming off the 5V USB plug to the pc, which is UBER low power.. If you have alot of widgets and emails and things goin on your gonna be draining more then your charging.

On my phone i didnt sign up for any of the blur social networking, i just use the apps, gave me SO much more battery life its redic.

I charged it on the doc last night, started at 40%, 4 hours later i took it off at 75%. If you want it to charge fast, u have to use the wall outlet.

Mine charges fine but since the GB update it is very hit or miss getting the Dock screen to come up. The home button is not doing what it's supposed to either.

I have the doc and only once i noticed the clock thingy didnt ocme on, a pohone reboot fixed that..

Also understand the charge is coming off the 5V USB plug to the pc, which is UBER low power.. If you have alot of widgets and emails and things goin on your gonna be draining more then your charging.

On my phone i didnt sign up for any of the blur social networking, i just use the apps, gave me SO much more battery life its redic.

I charged it on the doc last night, started at 40%, 4 hours later i took it off at 75%. If you want it to charge fast, u have to use the wall outlet.
I am also only using the apps. I didn't sign in any accounts. I don't like that they show up in places I don't want them like in my photo gallery or my contacts. ******ed. I switched to the wall charger instead of the USB to PC charger. I will now only connect to the PC when I want to access my phone's internal memory.

Mine charges fine but since the GB update it is very hit or miss getting the Dock screen to come up. The home button is not doing what it's supposed to either.

It is unfortunate to hear that this isn't just my problem. I wish it was. That way I could just get a referb'd phone and be done with it. Oh well. Here's to hoping they release a patch sooner then later.

I will say that the DX2 GB update when a whole hell of a lot smoother than the DX GB update. That one was horrible. :/

In a related situation I find that once my alarm goes off in the morning the dock screen goes away and it never comes back after a snooze or dismiss. So the screen goes dark and I have no clock next to my bed.

Has anyone sent Verizon customer an email about this and if so, what did they respond with?

Back
Top Bottom