• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple Sync Profiles. Possible?

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Hello guys

Is there anyway to make at least tow sync profiles?

I noticed that Sync contributed to fair amount of my battery use, and the moment I started to turning it off via my Notification drop down, my battery life has improved a lot.

I would like to have two profiles. When at home and on wifi, most of my sync ON. While on 3G, just my contacts and calendar.

It's quite tiring to do it manually couple of times a day :(

cheers and have a good day.

Seba

Hmmm, while I'm sure someone else may have a better option, I think one or two NFC tags will speed things up as far as changing the settings.
Put one at home somewhere convenient to swipe the phone over it and perhaps one elsewhere to change the settings when you swipe over that one.
Does that make sense? Sorry if I am not clear enough. :)

Hmmm, while I'm sure someone else may have a better option, I think one or two NFC tags will speed things up as far as changing the settings.
Put one at home somewhere convenient to swipe the phone over it and perhaps one elsewhere to change the settings when you swipe over that one.
Does that make sense? Sorry if I am not clear enough. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate.

Unfortunately the NFC can't do that. It can only toggle the autoSync, on and off.

The idea is to have one profile sync all my google services (currents, drive, calendar, photos etc...), while other profile only gmail when my phone goes on Data mode.

Anyway, thanks for having a go at it.

cheers

Yeah i was gona say tasker.. i dont use it but my gut feeling is that Sync is an on or off thing though.. hope im wrong. Try asking in the App forum too :thumbup:

Thats cool that its possible. How would the recipe work mate? Like would tasker be able to alter the settings in those apps or would it block certain apps from requesting sync in certain conditions? I played with Tasker for like 30mins before i heard a "whoosh" as it flew over my head lol but i know you can download settings that other people have programmed so chances are, someones written a task for this if its possible :)

Thats cool that its possible. How would the recipe work mate? Like would tasker be able to alter the settings in those apps or would it block certain apps from requesting sync in certain conditions? I played with Tasker for like 30mins before i heard a "whoosh" as it flew over my head lol but i know you can download settings that other people have programmed so chances are, someones written a task for this if its possible :)

I love tasker but I don't have the cognitive ability to comprehend it.
But, I did find an app that is very close to what I need.

It's call "Synker". A widget with access to your sync accounts, and all the services within.
So, I made two widgets, WIFI and 3G. Under wifi I have most google services, while under 3G I checked just the gmail box. It will force sync even if your sync is turned off in the notification panel.

While it's not exactly what I was looking for, I got very close for now. I would prefere for the sync to be on all the time, and didn't rely on my always clicking a widget. I can get quite caught up in things when I work, wouldn't want to miss an important mail. Anyway, if I manage to sort it out I will post back.
Meantime, Synker will do.

cheers guys for taking the time to entertain my post. Really appreciate.

have a good weekend

Seba

Back
Top Bottom