• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music not showing up in music app

Krunk83

Android Enthusiast
Hello,

New to Android and Galaxy S 2. Love it coming from an iPhone 4. Just a question about the music uploading. I've put music on the device, not an external micro sd, and the music is in the phone and I can play it through the "my files" app. When I go to the default music app, there is no music there. Any ideas what i did wrong? Thanks.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Some kind of media scanner runs when the phone is first turned on.. I think that's what scans all the songs on the phone.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Some kind of media scanner runs when the phone is first turned on.. I think that's what scans all the songs on the phone.

I tried rebooting but still no go. Let me add that I dragged these files straight from iTunes into the phone so they are .mp4. Do they need to be .mp3?

i think it should be read in that format too... .m4a? on mine, it didnt get the artist/album/title info in m4a so i had to convert to mp3, but the music was detected

I figured it out. I had to create a folder on my phone called "music" and once I placed the music in there the music app recognized my music. Music.

Back